Experiential living makes its way to the Chicago suburbs
February 18, 2019
- After being approved in 2016, the first residents at Lincolnshire’s 444 Social have moved in. This is the first apartment complex built in the retail conglomerate known as CityPark.
- Mirroring construction usually seen in coworking and co-living spaces downtown, Smash Residential decided to bring the hip, cool vibe out to the suburbs with 444 Social’s 302-units, which range in rental rates of $1,325 to $3,650, studio to three bedrooms respectively.
- Similar to Wheeling’s Town Center development, CityPark consists of a swath of retail, restaurants, and a movie theater that are steps away from the two apartment complexes.
- 444 Social’s boutique vibe targets young professionals, aimed at creating an experience for the residents and not just being a building to sleep in; other similar projects include Arlington 425, and the Elmwood Collection in Skokie.
- While construction is not complete, given the building’s location and the brand new construction, the building is likely to lease up quickly.
Source: JLL Research, Crain’s, Daily Herald