Charlotte Douglas International Airport drives the local economy in more ways than one
With over 175 daily non-stop flight destinations Charlotte Douglas International Airport draws over 75% of North Carolina’s air-traffic.
December 11, 2019
- With over 175 daily non-stop flight destinations (142 domestic, 33 international) Charlotte Douglas International Airport draws over 75% of North Carolina’s air-traffic.
- Nearly 35 million passengers travel through Charlotte’s airport annually.
- Charlotte Douglas contributes over $23 billion to the local economy annually.
- That number is expected to grow as construction projects invest $3.1 billion to improve accessibility, access, appearance, and flight capacity. Construction of additional gates and a new air traffic control tower are underway.
- The airport directly and indirectly employees over 123,000 across the Charlotte region.
- The airport is a major draw for corporations relocating and expanding in the region. From Charlotte, executives and can take non-stop flights across the country and across the world.
- The airport is also under 15 minutes from the heart of Uptown Charlotte and will be accessible by the proposed Silver Line light rail extension.
Source: JLL Research, NC Department of Transportation