Patrick A. Smith
Vice Chairman, Retail Brokerage
Patrick A. Smith co-leads JLL’s retail efforts throughout Metro-New York and is highly adept at providing senior-level real estate direction to many of JLL’s key retail clients throughout the region and the U.S. He has had a long career as a trusted advisor, providing comprehensive real estate and consultative solutions to users and owners of retail real estate.
Patrick has over 28 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. Over the course of his career, Patrick has been involved in many high profile and “flagship” transactions in the New York Tri-state region and across the U.S. This diverse background has given him an extensive understanding and knowledge into leasing, site acquisition, financial analysis, asset management, development and construction.
- Patrick currently leads the JLL project leasing team(s) providing strategy and execution on significant urban retail projects on behalf of the following owners: The Blackstone Group, Related, Ivanhoé Cambridge, Callahan Capital Properties, The Durst Organization, Brookfield, Equity Office Properties, Shorenstein, Edward J. Minskoff Equities, TH/Nuveen, Tishman Realty, Rockwood Capital Group, The Infinity Group, Grid Properties, Gotham Construction, Tribeca Associates and Vanke.
- Acts as exclusive representative for the following retailers for their acquisition or disposition strategies (in select markets): Dick’s Sporting Goods (and its related concepts – Field & Stream, Golf Galaxy and True Runner), Whole Foods Market and Target Corporation.
- Patrick is responsible for the strategy, implementation and oversight of the outsourcing of the site acquisition process, lease renewal and disposition functions for the entirety of the Real Estate Department of Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq symbol WBA) for the Eastern US.
Patrick serves on the JLL Retail Advisory Executive Committee, the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) Stores Committee and acted as the Retail Consultant to the Grand Central Partnership. He was the Chairman of the planning committee to the International Council of Shopping Center (ICSC) 2012 New York Convention and served on the planning committee to the 2016 RECON Convention in Las Vegas, NV. He is a four-time award winner of the Real Estate Board of New York “Most Creative Deal of the Year” Award and Multi-Year Co-Star Power Broker Award Winner.
- New York, NY | United States
- +1 212 812 5888
License #: NY - 10301212648
- Download bio (PDF - 165 KB)