Executive Vice President
Michael Higgins is an executive vice president in Jones Lang LaSalle’s midtown New York office. He is an integral member of JLL’s Strategic Occupancy Solutions group which supports the corporate real estate objectives of their clients throughout New York, North America and around the world. In addition, they work with owners & operators of Class A office properties to develop effective, value-add leasing strategies.
Michael has a broad and diverse resume primarily weighted towards commercial lease transactions but with experience in commercial condominium and fee simple sales. His clientele includes the industries of technology, media, fashion, financial services and non-profits. He joined Jones Lang LaSalle in 2011 after working at CB Richard Ellis for over six years.
Select tenant representation experience
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics: 2.1 mm s.f. global portfolio of office and industrial space
- NBC: 72,000 s.f lease disposition at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- IDEO: 52,000 s.f of lease transactions at 408 Broadway and 451 Broadway
- SoHo House: 50,000 s.f. lease acquisition at 10 Jay Street, Brooklyn
- Integral Ad Science: 50,264 s.f. lease acquisition at 95 Morton Street
- RAI (Italian Radio): 32,000 s.f. sublease at 32 Avenue of the Americas
- NY Board of Fire: 32,000 s.f. of fee simple sales (3 former firehouses)
- New Horizon’s Learning Center: 29,000 s.f. lease acquisition at 290 Madison Avenue and multiple new locations in a roll-out across the Northeast.
- Big Spaceship: 25,000 s.f. lease acquisition in Dumbo, Brooklyn
- Phillips Lytle LLP: 25,000 s.f. lease acquisition at 340 Madison
- Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board: 23,000 s.f. lease renewal and expansion at 510 Madison Avenue
- SmileTrain: 20,000 s.f. commercial condo purchase at 633 Third Ave.
- Interior Architects: 18,000 s.f. lease acquisition at 100 Broadway
- National Review Magazine: 11,000 s.f. lease acquisition at 19 West 44th Street
Education and affiliations
Mr. Higgins earned an MBA with concentrations in real estate and finance from Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business and an undergraduate degree from Tulane University. He grew up in Larchmont New York and enjoys spending free time with his wife, two daughters, son and dog, outdoors and at home in Chappaqua, New York.