Senior Vice President, Senior Director of Research
Lauren Gilchrist is Senior Vice President, Senior Director of Research for Philadelphia, where she directs all aspects of JLL's local market research platform for the region.
Lauren specializes in urban and regional economics and demography and focuses on expanding JLL's regional office and industrial research platforms to enhance firm and client knowledge of real estate dynamics and guide strategic decision making.
Prior to joining JLL, Lauren served as the Manager of Research & Analysis at the Center City District in Philadelphia, a $22 million business improvement district, where she directed the organization's market and public policy research.
At the CCD, Lauren's ongoing publications included housing, employment, and retail studies, as well as original, institutionally supported research such as "Downtown Rebirth: Documenting the Live-Work Dynamic in 21st Century U.S. Cities," supported by the International Downtown Association, and "Documenting and Enhancing the Independent and Project Economy," funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Lauren also served as a Research Analyst/Program Manager at the Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness, an economic development consulting firm in Arlington, VA, and as a Coro Fellow in Public Affairs in Pittsburgh, PA.
Lauren frequently lectures on topics related to commercial real estate and economic development for institutions including the International Council of Shopping Centers, International Downtown Association, Philadelphia City Planning Commission, University of Pennsylvania, and U.S. Census Bureau.
- Spring ULI Meeting Presentation, April 2016
- "Philly by the Numbers" | Ignite Philly, March 2016
- "The Role of Research in Real Estate" | Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation, February 2016
- "The Future of Market East" Panel | The Economy League of Greater Philadelphia, October 2015
- "Philadelphia State of the Market" Panel | Bisnow, October 2015
- Trolley Development Tour | NAIOP, September 2015
- "The Future of Coworking in Philadelphia" | Central Philadelphia Development Corporation Meeting, September 2015
- "U.S. Office Fundamentals and Using Local Employment Dynamics Data for Downtown Research" | Downtown and Urban Revitalization and Management: Public and Private Perspectives – Penn Design, University of Pennsylvania, November 2015
- "Conducting a Real Estate Feasibility Study" Lecture | Practicum in Real Estate, Lehigh University, September 2015
- "Hot New Retailers" Panel | International Council of Shopping Centers, September 2015
- "DIY Market Research for Business Improvement Districts" Webinar | International Downtown Association, July 2015
Lauren holds an M.S. in Public Policy and Management (Highest Distinction) from the Heinz College at Carnegie Mellon University with concentrations in Urban & Regional Economic Development and International Trade & Development and a B.S. in Business Administration from Bucknell University (Magna Cum Laude).