Kenneth Gilkes Jr., MPA, MSRE
Kenneth Gilkes, Jr. is a Senior Analyst for the Business & Economic Incentives team in JLL’s Chicago, Illinois office. His responsibilities include multi-state comparisons of statutory and discretionary incentives, calculation of estimated incentives based on project parameters, assisting clients with government applications and annual compliance, economic analysis, overall project execution, and strategy.
Business and Economic Incentives; Consulting; Government
Years of experience
• Nine years as a Licensed Real Estate Broker
• Eight years in Intergovernmental Affairs/ Economic Development
Prior to joining JLL, Kenneth served as an economic development program manager, and project manager for the City of Chicago. In his capacity with the City of Chicago, he worked within the Economic Development Bureau for the Department of Planning and Development.
Kenneth was responsible for managing $4M+ of economic development funds and served as compliance and regulation manager for a portfolio of agencies.
In addition, Kenneth spent more than seven years as an intergovernmental affairs/ economic development liaison and public administrator working with: the Chicago Housing Authority, the (Chicago) Public Building Commission, Chicago Public Schools, IL State Senator as Campaign Manager, 2nd Congressional District of Illinois, and the South Shore Chamber of Commerce.
• MSRE, Roosevelt University – Marshall Bennett Institute of Real Estate
• MPA, University of Illinois Chicago – College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs
• Business Leadership Council
• Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
• Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
• NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
• National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA)
• Roosevelt University Real Estate Club - President
• Urban Land Institute (ULI)
• Hyde Park Kenwood Legends Baseball League – Board of Directors (2014, 15)
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago – (2010 – Present)