John Stoddard is an office leasing expert at JLL's Stamford, CT office. He creates and executes leasing strategies for tenants and landlords in Fairfield and Westchester Counties. John starts with his customers' objectives and extracts real estate, geographic and economic metrics impactful to his customers' occupancy costs and business goals. He guides his customers, adding value and enabling rock-solid decisions.
John's career spans over 30 years. After four years as a City Planner in Carbondale, Illinois he was a prolific investment real estate broker completing 72 sales in four years. He became an MAI real estate appraiser & analyst at Laventhol & Horvath CPAs in St. Louis, Marshall & Stevens in Chicago and Albert Valuation Group in Manhattan. John became an office broker in Stamford, CT in 1996 at Albert B. Ashforth.
Since 1996 John has successfully represented office occupiers, owners and investors across a broad spectrum of businesses, negotiating lease and investment transactions in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. He works with a team of season brokers, collaborating to add value to his customers.
John's experience includes tenant and landlord transactions in the following industries:
- Maritime Shipping: Carvel Group, Armada Shipping, Clipper Group, J. Lauritzen, Eagle Bulk
- Data Centers/Disaster Recovery: RBS, Cervalis, State Street Bank
- Science and Technology: Perkin Elmer Instruments
- Accounting & Recruiting: KPMG, local CPA firms; Smith Arnold
- Media: North Castle Partners; Townsquare Media; Technology Marketing Corporation
- Financial: General Atlantic Partners; BP Energy; MetLife; JPMorgan Chase; Patriot National Bank
- Medical & Automotive: CVW Body Design Center; Tesla Motor Company
John has been recognized at JLL as a Top Achiever in 2013 and 2014, and as a Westchester/ Southern CT Power Broker in 2009 and 2012.
John graduated from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Science degree in Geography & Regional Planning and a minor in Biology.
He completed graduate work in Tax, Accounting, and Geography at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, Illinois.
- Stamford 2030 District (current)
- REFA - Real Estate Finance Association (current)
- NAIOP ( Westchester/Southern CT Board of Directors) – Program Chair
- NCREIF: National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries, Appraisal Committee;
- MAI- Member Appraisal Institute; AICP – American Institute of City Planners.
John is active at his church and has served on the Board of the American Red Cross-Stamford.