Executive Director, New England Markets Advisory
As the leader of JLL’s Markets Advisory business in New England, Jim works to make JLL the thought leader in commercial real estate and to ensure the delivery of exceptional service to our clients in this region. Jim is committed to attracting, retaining and rewarding a talented and diverse team that forges long-lasting, highly-successful client relationships. He is responsible for driving business growth as well as delivering operational efficiency and effectiveness. The firm’s New England team serves occupier and investor clients in all six New England states in the office, lab and industrial markets.
Prior to joining JLL in 2014, Jim served as the Chief of Staff and Special Counsel at the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA). In that position he helped determine the economic development agenda, coordinate planning activities and manage the development approval process for the City of Boston. Before his work at the BRA, Jim was a practicing attorney in the Boston office of a large international law firm where he represented clients in commercial litigation and administrative proceedings. He has also worked for a Member of the United States House of Representatives in Washington, D.C. and for a political consulting firm in Chicago, Illinois.
- Bachelor of Arts, Georgetown University
- Juris Doctor, Boston College Law School
Industry and Community Affiliations:
- A Better City, Board of Directors, Chair
- Boston Municipal Research Bureau, Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- COMPASS, Inc., Board of Directors, Chair
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- Greenway Business Improvement District, Board of Directors
- Massachusetts Business Roundtable, Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- NAIOP Massachusetts, Gavel Member, Board Management Committee
- WriteBoston, Inc., Board of Directors, Chair