Vice Chairman, Brokerage
A Vice Chairman in the Midtown Manhattan office and recognized for being highly effective and uniquely creative, Howard is regularly sought after for high-profile assignments across a wide spectrum of asset classes, geographies and tenant industry sectors. Howard is exceptionally well-rounded in terms of practice specialty, equally strong when advising landlords and tenants in New York, nationally and internationally. Typical engagements include tenant representation headquarters transactions, highly visible scale agency leasing assignments as well as corporate multinational advisory work. Clients also benefit from his direct access and regular work with JLL’s leadership and very best assets / professionals across service lines as well as his robust network of external real estate industry leads, landlords and tenant executive teams.
Howard is best known for being an expert-communicator with an incredible sales ability that gives clients great confidence when he’s sent to task or into negotiation. At 38 years old, Howard is one of JLL’s youngest most consistent top producers having been awarded the firms “Top Gun” designation, signaling extraordinary production on a national level, every year since 2012 when he was just 30 years old. Howard sees his age as an important differentiator, his perspective is shaped by his understanding of the millennial workforce which benefits both tenant and landlord clients looking to attract and retain large, high quality talent populations.
Howard and partner Steven Rotter (Vice Chairman, New York City) co-lead a practice group that has executed over 410 transactions (Tenant and Landlord Representation) totaling 12M+ sf since 2018. The group is also currently engaged as Landlord’s representative for properties in New York City totaling 5.6M sf.
- Currently the agent for two of the most prestigious assets in Manhattan; 40 Tenth Avenue in the Meatpacking District and 667 Madison Avenue in the Plaza District.
- Architect of the leasing strategy and marketing program for Empire Stores in DUMBO Brooklyn. The market-defining project has received multiple awards and has set the record for highest rents ever achieved in Brooklyn north of $80 rsf.
- JLL’s WeWork account transactions lead, overseeing a team of 100+ leasing professionals while coordinating across the JLL platform with related practice groups including Research, Capital Markets and Facilities Management. The team has executed 5M sf of leases in over 50+ transactions across 14 markets in North America. Other responsibilities include co-leading a global portfolio-wide consultancy that includes 500+ locations on three continents totaling 40M sf.
- Originated and successfully deployed a now accepted New York industry standard that includes a Tenant’s prorata share of amenity spaces into Tenant rentable square footage.
- Recognized internally, and working alongside New York’s research department leads, for driving the revision of the JLL’s New York City sub-market map, a paradigm shift that has proven to be impactful and relevant given the submarket definitions are now predicated on the tenant demand lens (an industry-first perspective).
- Tenant representative to many well-known creative, technology and financial service firms acting as advisor for New York Headquarters transactions.
Howard lives in Manhattan, New York, with his wife Carrie and young sons Oliver and Clark. He’s an active supporter of the community, especially so with organizations dedicated to healthcare, children’s causes, and charities focused locally on the City of New York.
Education and affiliations
A graduate of The American University Kogod School of Business in Washington D.C. and an alumnus of The Portledge School of Locust Valley, New York.
Representative clients: Landlord
- Rubenstein Partners
- Rockwood Capital
- Midtown Equities
- Urban American Land
- William Macklowe Company
- Hartz Mountain
- Marx Realty
- Aurora Capital
- The Georgetown Company
- Tavros Capital
- Flank Development
- Representative clients: Tenant
- 1010 Data
- The Baron Funds
- Stagwell / MDC Partners
- Ion Trading
- King Street Capital
- Big Spaceship
- CL King