Fred Buscaglia is a Managing Director with JLL Project and Development Services. With more than 30 years of experience, Fred provides executive oversight for construction and project management, specifically for large-scale corporate real estate projects in the financial, insurance and law firm sectors. He has extensive knowledge of high-visibility corporate interior projects, as well as several years of experience as a project and move management consultant to corporations, media agencies and prominent social media companies. His experience on the “client side” is extremely valuable to understanding the intricacies of operations, construction management and move management across a wide spectrum of industries. Fred is responsible for the executive oversight for Conde Nast’s Global Real Estate platform as we as the consolidation of Raymond James into their new NYC HQ and Carlyle Capital’s HQ at One Vanderbilt.
- Managed the redesign and densification of more than 1 million s.f. in Lower Manhattan for Condé Nast.
- Provided executive oversight for the MetLife headquarters project; successfully managed the 550,000-s.f. project culminating with the return of MetLife to the MetLife Building.
- Managed relocation of a UK-based brokerage firm from three locations in New York and New Jersey into a new 135,000-s.f. headquarters in Lower Manhattan; included the first fully integrated POE light installation in Manhattan.
- Actively involved in the development of a POE lighting standard in New York City, including coordination with manufacturers and consultants.
Prior to joining JLL, Fred served as the in-house Operations and Administration Director for Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and as Senior Director at Winston & Strawn LLP. For several years, he also ran his own consulting proctice focused on providing Owner’s Representation and Move Mangement service.. This combined experience makes Fred an expert in executive oversight, strategic planning, business operations, financial management and information technologies with regard to the successful execution and delivery of high-profile, corporate office projects. Post-planning and construction, Fred has extensive experience adjusting operational practices to meet the intent and requirements of new space.
His significant contributions include:
- First independent project manager hired by Twitter to oversee the construction of its New York City headquarters located in Chelsea. Worked with Twitter’s in-house construction and real estate group in all areas of construction and budget management.
- Managed the corporate consolidation for Kaplan Test Prep related to its New York City consolidation project, incorporating office locations to its newly constructed space in Lower Manhattan.
- Overseeing all operational and administrative areas for an 800-attorney law firm with 600 lawyers in New York with Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP.
- Directing operations for a 1,000-attorney firm based in Chicago with offices throughout the United States, Europe and Asia for Winston & Strawn LLP.
Education and affiliations:
Fred earned a bachelor of history degree from Ithaca College. He serves as a board member of Courage & Sacrifice and as co-chair of the American Heart Association’s “Hard Hats for Hearts.” Founding member of ORPM Alliance created during the pandemic to educate CRE professionals on the valu of hiring an Owner’s Rep.
- Condé Nast
- Raymond James
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Holwell Shuster & Goldberg LLP
- InterActiveCorp (IAC)
- Interpublic Group (IPG)
- Kaplan Test Prep
- Mazars Worldwide Headquarters
- Raymond James
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- TP ICAP
- Winston & Strawn LLP