Mr. Brody specializes in providing brokerage services for asset based 3PL’s, asset based trucking companies, retailers and distributors in the sale and leasing of industrial real estate throughout the United States.
In his 22 years as a Principal of an asset based 3PL (Summit Transportation & Fulfillment ) Mr. Brody has extensive experience in procuring real estate and consulting on projects where he provided clients with a unique insight to managing their distribution/warehousing requirements – whether it be
expansion or to create a more efficient distribution networks for their products.
While at National Retail Systems, Mr. Brody sourced, negotiated and executed leases and sales for distribution portfolios totaling more than 2.7 million square feet in 8 states.
In his current position at JLL, he has managed the analysis of distribution networks, customer logistics, site selection and the implementation and negotiation of:
- 4.2 million s.f. of industrial warehouse transactions
- 11 cross-dock/truck terminals totaling 565 exterior doors
- 9 maintenance facility / repair shops totaling 145K s.f
- 300 acres in multiple transaction for trailer parking / storage
Prior to joining JLL, Mr. Brody served as Director of Supply Chain Solutions and Real Estate at National Retail Systems (NRS), where he was responsible for:
- Pioneered new business opportunities for this industry leader in trucking, contract carriage, consolidation, distribution, cross docking, dc bypass, and brokerage for national and global retail and manufacturing accounts.
- Developed national sales strategies to facilitate rapid company expansion to new markets and to expand the company’s existing account base which included such clients as Nordstrom's, Michaels Stores , The Men’s Warehouse, Korea Express, Bayer Hearth Care and Samsung.
- Implemented strategic, tactical and operational improvements to supply chain processes and analyzed customer logistics to create customized business solutions for cost savings and productivity.
- Identify and negotiate leases / acquisitions to support company growth on a national platform. Lease / sell assets no longer productive to support operations.
Prior to NRS, he was President of Summit Transportation & Fulfillment, where he established and managed trucking, warehousing and consolidation business providing comprehensive 3PL services for retailers and manufacturers.
- Coordinated with vendors, production, overseas factories, and agents to ensure proper supply chain distribution for products as well as managed the daily communication with freight forwarders/brokers.
- Directed all commercial real estate acquisition and management of portfolio assets for the company.
While a principal at Summit, Mr. Brody served as a Vice President at SBWE, a leading industrial brokerage services firm in New Jersey, where he solicited new clients to represent/fulfill their industrial sale and leasing requirements.
Ohio University, Bachelor of Science – Business Finance