As Vice Chairman, Cynthia Wasserberger is responsible for agency leasing and tenant representation client services including new business development and implementation. She specializes in the New York City metropolitan area real estate for boutique financial service clients.
Over the course of her 25-year career in real estate, Ms. Wasserberger has completed in excess of 10 million s.f. of transactions in the New York Region. She has been actively involved in providing real estate services to financial service corporate clients such as Merrill Lynch / Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, State Street Bank, and Computer Associates and as leasing agent for prominent owners such as SL Green Realty and Boston Properties.Agency leasing
Ms. Wasserberger’s current agency representation assignments include 601 Lexington Avenue, 159 E 53rd Street, and 3 Hudson Boulevard for Boston Properties, 437 Madison Avenue and 747 Third Avenue for William Kaufmann Organization, 1166 Avenue of the Americas and 51 Astor Place for Edward J. Minskoff Equities, 375 Park Avenue for RFR, and 10 East 53rd Street for SL Green Realty. Additional agency assignments are 1330 Avenue of the Americas and 237 Park Avenue for RXR Realty, and 220 11th Avenue for
Ms. Wasserberger leads JLL’s alternative investment practice group. For the past two decades, she has assisted key prime brokerage groups and focuses on transaction work for numerous boutique hedge funds and investment management firms. She has completed in excess of 100 transactions over the past for clients including Davidson Kempner, Tiger Management, Tudor Funds, LibreMax, Traxis Partners, Canyon Capital, Bridger Management, Cadian Capital, Grosvenor, Investcorp, Metalmark Capital, Laurion Capital, Ospraie, Suffolk Capital, Saba Capital, and Royce Funds.
Cynthia has been involved in numerous complex projects, including:
- Discovery Communications: 362,000 s.f. at 230 Park Avenue South
- Royce Funds: Relocation to 55,000 s.f. at 745 Fifth Avenue
- State Street Bank: 130,000 s.f. at 1290 Avenue of the Americas; 48,000 s.f. at 1230 Avenue of the Americas
- Syska Hennessy Group: 65,000 s.f. at 1515 Broadway; 55,000 s.f. at 1185 Avenue of the Americas
- Davidson Kempner Capital Management: 70,000 s.f. at 520 Madison Avenue
- Wachovia Bank: 162,000-s.f. trading and investment bank requirement at 375 Park Avenue
- Tiger Management LLC: 79,200-s.f. lease at 101 Park Avenue
- Computer Associates: 67,167-s.f. lease at 520 Madison Avenue
- Tokio Marine Management: 45,000-s.f. relocation to 499 Washington Boulevard and 23,000-s.f. at 1221 Avenue of the Americas
- Tudor Management: 25,000-s.f. lease at 51 Astor Place
- Grosvenor: 40,000-s.f. sublease at 767 Fifth Avenue
In 2005, Cynthia was recognized as the Local Tenant Leasing Professional of the Year within Jones Lang LaSalle’s Leasing and Management division. She is recognized yearly as a Top Gun performer at JLL. Prior to joining Jones Lang LaSalle in September 2002, Ms. Wasserberger was a director at Colliers ABR, Inc.Education and affiliations
Cynthia earned a bachelor of business administration from the University of Florida and a master of science in real estate finance from New York University.
Cynthia is an active member of The Real Estate Board of New York and previously sat on the Board of Directors, and New York University Real Estate Alumni Association. She is also involved with The Doe Fund organization in New York, and was recognized in 2009 as a Woman of Valor by the Capuchin Food Pantry/St. Francis of Assisi.