Chris is the Market Director for the Mid-Atlantic Region which includes Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia. In his role, Chris provides strategic leadership and support to nearly 700 Markets professionals across JLL's major business lines, including Agency Leasing, Capital Markets, Project & Development Services, Property Management and Tenant Representation. Fostering collaboration among employees, developing relationships with clients and implementing strategic initiatives are at the core of Chris's key responsibilities.
Years of experience
Previously, Chris was the Director of the Investor Suite for JLL in the Mid-Atlantic region and the Regional Manager for the Project & Development Services (PDS) business. In these positions, Chris was responsible for the performance of these businesses (PDS, Capital Markets, Agency Leasing & Property Management) while maintaining a focus on strategy, operations and client service.
Prior to JLL, Chris worked as an At-Risk Developer and Construction professional for Quadrangle Development and the Clark Construction Group, respectively.
- Marriott International Headquarters – 750,000 s.f. headquarters. WBJ Best Lease Deal. CREBA award.
- Virginia Commonwealth University & VCU Health Systems – Senior Executive for delivery of 1M s.f. of healthcare and higher education facilities.
- Children's National Medical Center – Development Advisor for the health system's real estate strategy
- Trade Point Atlantic – Development Advisor for 3100 acre industrial re-development
- Village at Valley Forge Town Center – Project Director for 4M s.f. mixed use development.
- The Wharf - Development Advisor to the City for the 2M s.f. mixed use development.
- National Institutes of Health Center for Bio-Defense and Emerging Infectious Diseases – Project Director for a 300,000 s.f. research laboratory, vivarium and supporting facilities.
- Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center – Project Director for 250 hotel rooms and 100,000 s.f. conference facility
- Quince Orchard Park – Project Director for 1M sf mixed use development
- Metropolitan Park – Manager for 430,000 s.f. mixed use development.
- National Foreign Affairs Training Center – Manager for six-building complex on 72 acres
- 2002 Spaulding & Slye Team Player of the Year
- 2004 Spaulding & Slye Manager of the Year
- 2005 Spaulding & Slye Collaboration Award
- 2005 JLL Club Award
- 2007 National Institutes of Health – Director's Award for Excellence
- 2008 National Institutes of Health – Commissioning Award
- 2009, 2013- 2017 JLL Top Gun Award
- 2011 – 2012 Top Achiever Award
- 2013 JLL Champion of Excellence Award
Chris holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Southern Methodist University with a degree in Real Estate and Urban Land Economics from the Cox School of Business.
- Urban Land Institute