Executive Managing Director
Charles has provided real estate consulting and brokerage services to some of the best known and most respected corporate and professional firms in Texas and throughout the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pac.
Charles is a leader in the area of tenant advisory services and consulting, and is a recognized authority in corporate headquarters transactions. His practice consists primarily of long term, portfolio relationships with global, national, and regional businesses. Throughout his 40+ year career, he has successfully facilitated in excess of 50 million square feet of office transactions valued at more than $15 billion. Of these transactions, more than 50 were 100,000 square foot office leases, including 20 corporate build-to-suit projects.
In 1985 Charles co-founded Trione & Gordon, the leading tenant representation firm in Houston. CBRE acquired Trione & Gordon in October 2003 to head up the area Global Corporate Services division as well as the Global Energy Practice group. In 2021, Charles and the other 18 members of his team joined the JLL Houston Tenant Representation Practice.
- 2011 recipient of the Edward S. Gordon award for Lifetime Achievement; this CBRE award recognizes one outstanding real estate professional who exemplifies excellence, strong work ethic and creativity
- 2013 inductee into the NAIOP Hall of Fame
- 2011 inductee into Houston Business Journal Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame
- Houston Business Journal MVP 2002, 2009, 2011 - 2018
- NAIOP Office Broker of the Year in 1990, 2000, and 2011
- CBRE Colbert Coldwell Circle (top 100 sales professionals - highest CBRE award) in 2008, 2011 - 2018
- CBRE Global Top 200 in 2003, 2005 - 2018
- CBRE Houston 10 Top Producer in 2003 - 2018
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Counselor of Real Estate (CRE)
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Executive Committee Law Firm Practice Group