Managing Director, Brokerage
Mr. Benjamin Heller joined JLL as a real estate broker in 1998 and is the Director of the Downtown Boston Team. Ben concentrates his efforts on representing landlords and tenants in the Downtown Boston market. His experience includes a wide range of transactions on behalf of landlords and corporations. Mr. Heller has acted as exclusive leasing agent for numerous projects, such as 200 State Street, 99 Summer Street, One Liberty Square, and 300 A Street, 263 Summer Street, 330 Congress Street, 250 Summer Street, and 100 Franklin Street.
The following is a partial list of the properties that Mr. Heller represents:
- 99 High Street, Boston, MA: Mr. Heller is a member of the team responsible for leasing this 731,000 square-foot, Class A office building on behalf of TIAA-CREF. The team has completed over 350,000 square feet of leasing since taking over this assignment. The 99 High Street team has achieved 93% occupancy at the asset.
- Two Liberty Square, Boston, MA: Mr. Heller is the project broker of Two Liberty Square, which is owned by AEW Capital Management and Neelon Properties. Mr. Heller and the leasing team have brought this boutique office building from 100% vacant to 65% leased since taking over in 2006.
- Seaport Center, Boston, MA: Mr. Heller is a team member responsible for the marketing and leasing of this 465,000 SF rehab building in the South Boston Waterfront. Since taking on the assignment the team has leased over 300,000 square feet.
- 18 Tremont Street, Boston, MA: Mr. Heller is the lead broker on this 200,000 square-foot boutique class B office building. Ben has been leasing this building for three owners and has been on the assignment since 2002.
Mr. Heller’s experience includes involvement in a wide range of transactions on behalf of corporations, including:
- American Student Assistance (ASA): Mr. Heller assisted ASA, a student loan guarantee company, in the relocation of its headquarters into 140,000 square feet at 100 Cambridge Street. ASA, who owned their building at 330 Stuart Street, signed a 15-year lease that gives them the flexibility necessary to grow their business.
- Canaccord Adams: Mr. Heller provided Canaccord Adams with an evaluation of the market and assisted in the relocation of its headquarters into 50,000 square feet at 99 High Street. This transaction involved the consolidation of numerous leases, as well as the subleasing of excess space at Canaccord Adams’ former location.
- Robinson & Cole, LLP: Mr. Heller represented Robinson & Cole, LLP in its evaluation of the Boston market in order to help the law firm determine whether or not to relocate its Boston office of approximately 35,000 square feet. Robinson & Cole subsequently renewed its lease for the long-term and was able to negotiate future expansion rights.
- McDermott Will & Emery: Mr. Heller is on a team that has represented McDermott Will & Emery on a number of real estate assignments, including a current search for approximately 80,000 SF. Mr. Heller has represented McDermott Will & Emery on past assignments such as expanding in other locations as well as disposition of excess space.
- BigBad: Mr. Heller represented BigBad during their 10,000 square-foot relocation in Boston’s Fort Point Channel area. Major components of the search were to find space that fit BigBad’s culture and to negotiate low rental rates.
- Gensler: Mr. Heller was hired to represent this international architecture firm for its previous two office relocations in Boston. After evaluating Gensler’s needs and analyzing how their use of space had changed, it was determined that a ten (10) year lease at One Beacon Street was the best alternative for them.
During his time with JLL, Mr. Heller has represented several other companies, including Judith Nitch Engineering, Inc., Ember Corporation, Fitzhugh Parker & Alvaro, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and RW Sullivan Engineering, in their search for office space.
Prior to working at JLL, Mr. Heller worked in the real estate department of Goodwin Procter, LLP.
B.A., Dartmouth College
Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB)
CBA Office Deal of the Year, Downtown: 2008
GBREB Multi-Million Dollar Club: Platinum 2003
GBREB Multi-Million Dollar Club: Gold 2002
GBREB Multi-Million Dollar Club: Gold 2001
GBREB Rookie of the Year 2001
GBREB Multi-Million Dollar Club: Bronze 2000
Big Brothers Association of Massachusetts Bay, Big Brother of the Year Award Finalist 2004
Muscular Dystrophy Association, Muscle Team Fundraiser Committee Member