Managing Director, Brokerage
As Senior Vice President, Benjamin Bass is responsible for both Landlord and Tenant representation services. Mr. Bass bases his practice on cultivating exclusive and long-term relationships with clients and local owners.
Mr. Bass's has represented the following Landlords through various current and previous agency assignments:
- The Related Company - One Columbus Circle (formerly Time Warner Center) and 300 Lafayette Street
- SL Green Realty Corp. - 600 Lexington Avenue, 120 W. 45th Street (Tower 45), 485 Lexington Avenue, 635-641 Avenue of the Americas, 3 Columbus Circle and 10 East 53rd Street
- Silverstein Properties - 1177 Avenue of the Americas
- Shorenstein - 65 East 55th Street (Park Avenue Tower)
- Vornado Realty Trust - 650 Madison Avenue
- SJP Properties - Eleven Times Square
- Stawski Properties - 579 Fifth Avenue
- Savanna - 434 Broadway
- Normandy Real Estate Partners – 799 Broadway
- RFR Realty – 90 Fifth Avenue and 281 Park Avenue
- Global Holdings – 1250 Broadway (NOMAD Tower)
- The Zar Group - 1450 Broadway
- Fischer Brothers – 1345 Avenue of the Americas
- Glacier Global & Triangle Assets – 10 Jay Street (DUMBO)
Mr. Bass also has assisted Global Brands Group with the successful disposition of over 450,000 square feet at 1359 Broadway,1372 Broadway, 1333 Broadway and the Empire State Building.
Mr. Bass has assisted key brokerage groups and completed transaction work for several clients including:
- Perry Capital – 767 Fifth Avenue
- Thompson Reuters – 3 Times Square
- Berenberg Capital Markets – 1251 Avenue of the Americas
- United Talent Agency – 888 Seventh Avenue
- MetLife – 285 Madison Avenue
- Monday Properties – 667 Madison Avenue
- Global Brands Group – 1333 Broadway, Empire State Building
- Payless Shoe Source – 1359 Broadway
In 2013, Mr. Bass was selected by The Commercial Observer as one of New York's 30 Under 30 in recognition of his position as a rising star in commercial real estate. Additionally, he was a runner up for the Real Estate Board of New York's 2013 and 2014 Rookie of the Year Award.
Before joining Jones Lang LaSalle, Mr. Bass expanded his real estate education through several key internships. In 2009, he worked in tandem with Cushman & Wakefield's Chief Economist and prepared lease analyses and market intelligence reports. Mr. Bass has also gained industry insight through several internships with executive developers who specialize in retail and commercial development throughout the Northeast corridor.
Education and Affiliations
Mr. Bass has a master's degree in real estate finance from NYU's Schack School of Real Estate, and an undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan. Mr. Bass is a licensed real estate broker in the state of New York and a member of the Real Estate Board of New York.