JLL announces the strategic addition of several industry experts to its global data center platform, Data Center +
Seasoned experts to support data center operations and management as the industry continues unprecedented growth
CHICAGO, April 28, 2021 – The pandemic accelerated data center strategies and shifted priorities for many organizations finding themselves needing to accommodate elevated consumer demand and expectations like never before. The data center industry is now maintaining an accelerated pace of growth and absorption that’s expected to continue, impacting multiple facets of the sector through 2021 and beyond.
As global demand for data centers continues its exponential growth, JLL announced several new strategic additions to the firm’s data center practice, Data Center +:
· Brian Kortendick will serve as Executive Director - Global Critical Environments & Data Center Product Owner. Brian has more than 30 years of experience in the data center industry and is a renowned expert in the global critical facilities market.
· Peter Richardson will serve as Senior Director - Global Data Center Product Manager. Peter has more than 25 years of experience in product management, technology platforms and applications.
· Mike Harrington will serve as EMEA Facilities Management Lead, Data Centers. Mike has more than 20 years of experience in applying data center operations best practices at service providers such as CBRE and Johnson Controls and large colocation operators such as Digital Realty Trust.
· Rich Okoney will serve as Executive Director - Global Data Center Operations & Americas Engineering Lead. Rich is widely regarded as a leading voice on data center operations, and held prior data center leadership positions at CBRE and Johnson Controls.
· Christopher Johns will serve as Senior Director, U.S. East Division Data Center Operations. A critical environment program and transformation expert, Chris has extensive experience deploying mission-critical operations and maintenance programs globally.
· Layne Wickersham will serve as Senior Director, U.S. Central Division Data Center Operations. Layne has 15 years of experience in developing and leading teams that support fully integrated, globally consistent data center operations and maintenance programs.
· Terry L. Rodgers will serve as Vice President, Commissioning & Building Analytics. Terry has more than 35 years of experience in critical facilities operations and commissioning, including strategic planning, critical infrastructure design, operations, commissioning, site assessments and technical training. He is an ASHRAE Distinguished Lecturer and voting member.
“These proven, highly regarded data center industry leaders are true experts on the complexities and criticality of data center operations and management,” said Robbie Hobbs, Global Product Group Lead, Workplace Management. “JLL’s Data Center + platform helps data center operators and users operate at 100% uptime, optimize total cost of ownership and support ESG goals – and the addition of these industry veterans will further bolster JLL’s market-leading offering.”
Data Center + powers business forward with a comprehensive suite of solutions for data center operators and users. For more information on Data Center +, click here.
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. JLL shapes the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $16.6 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 91,000 as of December 31, 2020. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.