The world’s financial, social, and environmental challenges demand a bolder response from businesses around the world, which is why we’re committed to new ways of partnering with our stakeholders that help achieve our shared ambitions for a sustainable future.
From serving our clients and engaging our people, to respecting natural resources in our workplaces, and building community relationships, we’re focused on what is good for business and for a sustainable future. This progressive approach leads to responsible investment decisions with healthier, safer, more engaged people, and increased value for all of our stakeholders, building a better tomorrow everywhere we can.
Building a better
We want to make JLL a world-leading, sustainable professional services firm by creating spaces, buildings and cities where people can thrive.
Our sustainability targets
Deliver targeted training to employees from key business lines and incorporate sustainability basics into JLL onboarding for new hires by 2020.
Our eight largest country businesses by revenue to improve gender balance of leadership population by 2021.
Identify challenges and provide targeted solutions to the attrition and developments of employees, in particular those with up to 3 years’ service (2018/19).
- Reduce building-related GHG emissions per corporate office employee by 2% p.a. from 2017 to 2019
- Reduce building-related energy consumption per corporate office employee by 2% p.a. from 2017 to 2019.
- Set a Science-Based Target for JLL’s global Scope 1 and 2 emissions, and an accompanying Scope 3 target.
- 100% of JLL office space larger than 10,000 ft2 to have sustainability certification by 2030.
- Based on average employee Lost Injury Frequency Rate of the two prior performance periods, achieve a reduction of 10% by 2020. Drive prompt reporting of incidents and ensure that employees in all corporate offices are consulted on health and safety.
- Sustainable procurement framework to be adopted globally by 2020.
Increase the time our employees spend volunteering year on year, with an aim of reaching 15,000 days by 2020.
As an example of how we’re giving back to our communities: we’ve teamed up with Feeding America, the largest hunger relief organization in the United States, to fight childhood hunger. As part of our relationship with Feeding America, JLL developed CaterCares in partnership with ezCater, the premier online catering marketplace. CaterCares is a free program that enablesJLL employees, clients and friends to fight childhood hunger through every catering order placed.
CaterCares converts a percentage of online catering sales to cash donations that are distributed locally through Feeding America's nationwide network of over 200 food banks. CaterCares is just one way JLL is working to combat hunger and make a positive impact on ourcommunities. To date, CaterCares has created more than 400,000 meals. Help our local communities by placing your catering orders at CaterCares.com.