8755 W Higgins Road
+1 479 295 5757
In his role at JLL, Mr. Powers is responsible for leading and growing the emerging Retail/e-commerce Distribution practice group. Prior to joining JLL in July of 2016, Matt served as director of Walmart's non-retail portfolio. During his career, Matt oversaw Walmart's 148M industrial and office portfolio, and led acquisitions of over 20M square feet.
Matt brings an array of knowledge from his previous career, and offers subject matter expertise in real estate valuations, asset and property management, retail, office, and industrial acquisitions and dispositions, project lifecycle management, transactions management, business and economic incentives, site selection, due diligence, and design/construction project management.
In addition, Matt is a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), has served as Chairman of the City of Pea Ridge Planning Commission, and is a licensed attorney with the Arkansas Bar.
▪ Global Leadership Institute (Walmart)
▪ Leadership Excellence for Directors (Walmart)
▪ Realty Emerging Leader (Walmart)
▪ Construction Engineer (Army National Guard)
▪ Arkansas Pro Bono Partnership Recognition
▪ Speaker– NAIOP Development Annual Meeting
▪ J.D. Law – University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
▪ M.B.A. Business – Webster University (with honors)
▪ B.A. Government – Nicholls State (Magna Cum Laude)