Anna-Marie Panlilio; San Francisco @Annamariedotme
Anna Marie is a photographer of movement, dance, energy and weightlessness. She lives in San Francisco and can often be found setting up her tripod during sunrise and sunset all around the Bay Area.
Lauren Patrick; Atlanta @Pretty_Southern
Lauren is a marketing manager who lives in Atlanta with her husband and two little mutts. The photo was taken from the balcony of their loft in Buckhead overlooking the intersection of Peachtree, Piedmont and Roswell Road. As a writer, Lauren is always looking for inspiration, and the views from the loft were always sparking her creativity. On this particular evening, her husband (Kevin) chose to capture the glorious skyline using an HDR lens. This same picture is now framed in their home.
Leeana Alcantar; Chicago@Randomlee
“Show JLL Your Skyline” Photo Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THIS CONTEST IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
1. Eligibility: The “Show JLL Your Skyline” Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to persons who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Contest, and members of each of their immediate families (spouses, parents, grandparents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. Receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited.
2. Entry: Contest begins at 8:00 AM Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on March 6, 2013 and ends at 10:00 PM CDT on March 27, 2013 (the "Contest Period"). To enter, during the Contest Period, take a photo of your city’s skyline, then visit
www.instagram.com (the “Websites”), log in to your Twitter or Instagram account (or create a free Twitter or Instagram account if you do not have one).
If participating via Twitter tweet the photo and a description with the following hashtag: #ShowJLLYourSkyline to the Twitter handle @JLLNews.
If participating via Instagram, submit your photo and description with the following hashtag: #ShowJLLYourSkyline to the Instagram handle @JLLNews.
You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest by participating by either method (Photo and description altogether an “Entry”). Descriptions will not be judged.
Limit 3(three) Entries per person/email address/Instagram Account or Twitter Account.
Your Entry must include a photo, description and the #ShowJLLYourSkyline hashstag to be valid. Each Tweet must contain at least 20 characters and no more than one hundred and forty (140) characters in length and must be in English. Each description via Instagram must contain at least 20 characters and no more than 140 characters in length and must be in English.
All Entries must be received no later than 10:00 PM CDT on March 27, 2013. Sponsor’s computer will be official clock of the Contest. All other methods of entry are void. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible Entries for any reason. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses, nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified, in Sponsor's discretion. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
3. Entry Requirements: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation. You agree that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Additional Entry Requirements. By submitting an Entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your Entry conforms to the Entry Requirements set forth herein:
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to report it. ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest Entry Requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
By submitting an Entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who's name or likeness is used in the Entry, and (f) and that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to naming of entrant as the winner.
4. Winner Selection: On or about April 1, 2013, all Entries submitted during the Contest Period will be judged by a qualified judge or panel of judges, appointed by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. The selection will be made at random selection. The winner will be notified of their selection on or about April 1, 2013 via Twitter or Instagram. The entrant will need to respond to the Sponsor via email with contact information within 24 hours to win.
Potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. If Potential winner will be required to complete, sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of receipt of notification in order for potential winner to be verified as a winner and claim his/her prize. If the potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants (and agree to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority to use his/her/its name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
5. Prize(s) (Two)(2): $500.00 awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner for use in connection with a trip to visit the winner’s favorite skyline. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $500.00. Total approximate retail value of all prizes awarded to winners: $500.00. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes on prizes (including but not limited to federal, state and local income taxes), and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Winners will be required to provide their Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. Winners may be issued an IRS 1099 form for the value of the prize. Limit one prize per person/household. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
7. Limitation of Liability: As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) to release Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, media partners and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (“Promotional Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damages incurred with respect to the entrant’s selection as a winner, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on intellectual property rights, publicity rights, privacy or defamation. Sponsor and the judging organization are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest if fraud, virus, bugs, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security, or proper entry into the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award recognition to a winner based on the above judging criteria from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her Entries) who tampers with the entry process. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said e-mail account at the time of Entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account subscriber” is defined as the primary person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
8. Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY RECOGNITION AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
9. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: These Official Rules and the Contest are governed by U.S. law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Promotion Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 8 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Illinois, in the County of Cook
10. Rules Request and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules or the name of selected winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Show JLL Your Skyline Rules and winner List Requests, 200 East Randolph Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60601. Requests must be received by March 6, 2013.
11. Sponsor: Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc., 200 East Randolph Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60601.