Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

News release

Richmond

Space in the Mutual Building Available for the First Time in over 40 Years

Jones Lang LaSalle chosen to lease one of Richmond’s first high rises q


RICHMOND, December 14, 2009 — Jones Lang LaSalle announced today that the firm has been retained to lease the Mutual Building.  As one of Richmond’s first high rises, the Mutual Building is celebrated as a significant symbol of history and architecture in the National Register of Historic Places.  It is a 132,434 square foot, 13 story building in the heart of Richmond’s CBD.
 
Jimmy Appich, Ned Roberts and Charlie Polk from Jones Lang LaSalle represent the building on behalf of the owners, Parmenter Realty Partners.
 
“For the past several decades, Scott and Stringfellow occupied close to 75% of the building,” noted Appich. “With their consolidation, ample space is available for the first time in this landmark building located in the heart of Richmond within walking distance to all downtown destinations.”
 
Built in 1904 by the well known Clinton & Russell architecture firm out of New York, this neoclassical building remains a landmark today. With an updated interior and free access to the exceptional amenities of the adjoining SunTrust Center, this is one of the most desirable buildings in downtown.  Other features include:
 
• Five elevators
 
• Impressive courtyard
 
• Exterior includes a beautiful mixture of limestone and terra cotta with cast and wrought iron accents
 
• Grand marble staircase
 
• Adjacent parking deck
 
• Access to multiple conference rooms and auditorium in the adjacent SunTrust Center
 
• Cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch
 
• Striking views of river and cityscape
 
• On site management
 
• Strong well capitalized ownership
 
• Tremendous interstate accessibility
 
• Spaces available from 2,500 SF up to 88,000 SF
 
“Space in this building is an opportunity that does not come around often,” added Appich.  “The unique u-shape of the building offers extra window lines granting river views.  Also, the property underwent a major renovation in 1990 which preserved its style, while updating its environment.”
ca. 1904